We've been waiting a long time for this one, and thanks to many hard working people we are able to update to 1.1.3 firmware and jailbreak it. This method is different from every other update in that we are only replacing the iPhone's operating system and not updating the baseband. There is no unlock for 1.1.3, so there is no point in having the new baseband. The downside to this? You won't be able to use the new Google maps feature. But if you are unlocked, you will retain your unlock.
You need to be jailbroken on 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 firmware.
Jailbreak and/or Unlock with the Guides above and Lets Begin:
- Next download the 1.1.3 jailbreak program from Nate True's site here. When the download has finished you will see this file on your desktop. Decompress it.
- Double click the ibrickr.exe file.
- You'll see a screen. Click the Check my phone! button.
- If you have 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 firmware you will get a confirmation screen next. Click the Do it! button and it will download the jailbreak patch file.
- Next you'll be prompted to either find the 1.1.3 firmware on your computer (this will save download time), or just have iBrickr download the 1.1.3 firmware from Apple.
- Another button to click. Do that.
- The next status messages displayed will be: Extracting 1.1.3 image... Decrypting 1.1.3 firmware... Decompressing 1.1.3 firmware... Patching 1.1.3 firmware...
- Now click Ready to go!
- The next status messages displayed is: Uploading the new firmware image to the phone. This will take a while... This is the last message iBrickr will display. You can close the program at this point.
- After iBrickr is done. Take your iPhone, Launch the Installer. Go to the System folder and install the 1.1.3 soft upgrade program.
- When the program runs it will appear to freeze at the Installing package... status bar, about half way through. You may get a pop up error message stating "Main Script Execution Failure". Do not do anything. Let the iPhone sit for about five minutes and it will reboot on its own. You will then be at the slide to unlock screen. Once you have access to the SpringBoard you will immediately get a pop up message about how to move icons around the screen.
- Pressing and holding an icon makes them all wiggle. Press an icon and drag it anywhere on the screen or to another screen.
- If you go to your About screen you'll see you are on 1.1.3 firmware, and your baseband is either from 1.1.1 (this is the firmware I started with), or from 1.1.2.
- Congratulations. You have a jailbroken 1.1.3 iPhone. I highly recommend launching the Installer and adding sleepers.net/iphonerepo as a Source. They have a folder called Tweaks 1.1.3 that contains many bug fix programs you will want to add for EDGE, email passwords, et cetera.