SmileOnMyMac has released PDFpen 3.4, an update to its PDF editing and form-filling tool for Mac OS X. The update offers major improvements in performance and usability, as well as a number of bug fixes.
All the new features of PDFpen 3.4 have also been added to PDFpenPro 3.4, the Pro version that has the ability create fillable PDF forms in addition to all the features of PDFpen.
PDFpen costs $49.95. PDFpenPro costs $94.95.
What's new in PDFpen 3.4?
- Fixed problem where fonts or spacing could appear jumbled
- Fixed setting font, alignment and color for form fields in PDFpenPro
- Improved performance when adding imprints to large documents
- Various stability improvements
- Improved performance opening documents on 10.4.11 and 10.5.x
- Replace text in original PDF with editable text blocks
- Move, resize, copy and delete images in original PDF
- Overlay text and images onto PDF (for example, sign purchase orders
by applying signature image)
- Insert and remove pages; re-order pages in a PDF by drag & drop
- Copy and paste rich text; retain fonts and formatting when copying
- Select and copy text across multiple columns
- Show PDFs in single, facing-page, multi-page and multiple
- Fill out and save PDF forms
- Create cross-platform fillable PDF forms (requires PDFpenPro)
- Use with PageSender for a complete fax turn-around solution
- Automate PDF manipulations with AppleScript
- Available in English, Japanese, German, Italian, and French