(intel Mac & Windows XP / Vista)
What I used: brand new (jailbroken) iPhone with 1.1.2 firmware, 04.02.13_G modem, and the 4.6_M3S2 bootloader. Thanks to GeoHot, the iPhone community can now unlock their iPhones with 1.1.2 firmware (I hear this works on 1.1.3 as well) and the new 4.6 bootloader. You can read GeoHot's comments at his blog here.
You should read my Warning to all iPhone owners page before proceeding.
If you do not know how to jailbreak 1.1.2 firmware(Mac) read this tutorial.
If you do not know how to jailbreak 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 firmware(Windows) read this tutorial
- After you have jailbroken your iPhone on 1.1.2 firmware and verified you have the 4.6 bootloader, press Settings, General, Auto-Lock and make sure it is set to Never. Launch the Installer and go to the Sources folder.
- If you haven't already, install Community Sources. Now press the All Packages folder.
- Press Bigboss's Beta/Experi... Install it. Scroll back down to the Unlocking Tools folder
- Press Geohots Gunlock Script. Install it. Next, go to the System folder and install BSD Subsystem.
- You can also find Term-vt100 in the System folder. Install it. Now press the Home button to relaunch the Springboard. Press Settings, then turn on Airplane Mode.
- Press the Home button and launch the Terminal on the iPhone. Enter the following commands: cd /usr/bin geounlock
- This process should take about 2 minutes to complete. A lot of code will scroll by on the screen. Do not interrupt it. When you see "Enjoy your unlocked iPhone..." you can press the Home button to get back to the SpringBoard.
- Press Settings, then turn Airplane Mode off. Put in your SIM(s) and test them.