- Turn the iPhone on and plug it into iTunes. Put it into DFU mode, dismiss any pop ups from iTunes and press Option (Mac) or Shift (Windows) and then click Restore. In the file browser that appears, navigate to where you have 1.1.1 firmware on your computer already. You can download 1.1.1 firmware here. Downgrade the iPhone to 1.1.1 firmware by putting the iPhone into DFU mode. Do this by pressing and holding the Home button, and the Sleep/Wake button.
- Hold the buttons 10 seconds and the screen will go black. Let go of the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the Home button for another 10 seconds and iTunes will detect that the iPhone is in recovery mode and display a pop up. Click OK.
- Now download the 1.1.1 iPhone firmware from Apple directly by clicking here. Do not allow your browser to decompress this file. When the download has finished you should see this icon on your desktop.
- Press Option and click Restore in iTunes. A file browser window will open. Navigate to where your 1.1.1 firmware file is that you just downloaded. Select it and click Open.
- Various messages will appear while the process continues. When the restore has finished you will get an error message pop up (click OK), and the iPhone will display a graphic. Click OK.Another pop up will appear. Click OK again.
- Eject the iPhone from iTunes and close iTunes.
- Jailbreak the 1.1.1 firmware. You should be at the activate iPhone screen. Slide the emergency slider. Enter the following into the keypad: *#307# then press Call.
- The iPhone will ring, press the X button at the top to delete all the characters you just entered. Now enter: 0 then press Call again while it is still ringing. Now press Answer.
- Press hold. Press Decline. You will now be at the iPhone's main keypad. Press the Contacts button below.
- You are now at the contacts screen. Press the + in the upper right corner to make a new contact. Press the First Last button. Enter A for the first name then press Save in the upper right corner. Now press the Add new URL button. Enter: prefs: then press Save in the upper right corner. It will take you back a screen. Press the Add new URL button. Enter http://jailbreakme.com Then press Save. Press the Save button again.
- Press the home page prefs: button. You will now be at the Settings screen. Press General.
- Press the Auto-Lock button. Now press Never.
- Then go back to the Settings screen. Press the Wi-Fi button. Select your network from the list.
- Enter your password and press Join, or if it's a public WiFi just make sure the check mark is there and wait till you get to the safari page later on. You should now be connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- Press the Home button and you will be taken back to the activate iPhone screen. Slide the emergency slider again. Enter: 0 then press Call.
- Now press Answer. Press hold. Press Decline. You will now be at the contacts screen again. Press the A button.
- Press the home http://jailbreakme.com button. Here's the jailbreakme.com website. Scroll down the screen. Press the Install AppSnapp button. Safari should crash after a few seconds.
- Once Safari crashes it will send you back to the activate iPhone screen. Wait about 20 seconds and the slide to unlock animation should freeze, then the iPhone will reboot. You'll see the Apple logo, then you will be at the screen with the slide to unlock slider again. Slide it and you will be at the SpringBoard.
- You will now have access to the SpringBoard. The iPhone is now jailbroken and activated.
- The first thing to fix is the baseband that the 1.1.3 firmware upgraded to 04.03.13_G.
- Launch the Installer and install Community Sources, BSD Subsystem and Term-vt100. Then add my site http://hackthatphone.com/1.xml as a Source. Now scroll down to the folder called Hack that Phone tools and download the program called Downgrade baseband #4. Then download the program called Repair baseband.
- Launch the Terminal on the iPhone and enter the following: cd /usr/bin restorebb After about three minutes the process should complete. To verify the baseband was downgraded, press the Home button, then Settings, General, About. Scroll down to the bottom and you should see Modem Firmware 03.14.08_G.
- Now put the iPhone into DFU mode and restore to 1.1.1 firmware. Use the jailbreakme.com method to jailbreak the phone and then continue on to 1.1.2 if you want, et cetera.
Latest News, tutorials and site updates:
New* Killer App- Mac Freeware Review
Current Firmware Version: 2.2.0 **
Hack that iPhone and iTouch: Chat
iPhone:**NEW How to Unlock the iPhone 3G - Mac and Windows **
iPhone: How to Jailbreak Your 2.2.0 3G iPhone (Mac)
iPhone: How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.2.0 2G iPhone Using QuickPwn (Windows)
iPhone: How to Organize Your iPhone Applications Into Folders
iPhone: How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.2.0 2G iPhone (Mac) **
iPhone: How to Jailbreak Your 2.x.x 3G iPhone (Mac) [Updated]
iPhone: How to Jailbreak Your iPhone With QuickPwn [2.1 Firmware]
iPod Touch: How to Jailbreak Your 2.0.1 iPod Touch (Mac)
iPhone: How to Sync Your iPhone With Multiple Computers ( Mac and Windows)
iPhone: How to Trick Your iPhone Into Thinking Its On Wi-Fi
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Recovering from an update to 1.1.3
This is a work in progress and will continue to be developed.
If you screwed up and updated to 1.1.3 firmware and shouldn't have, all is not lost. These notes are only for those of you that have the version 3.9 bootloader on your iPhone. You should be able to get your iPhone back to an operable condition. This will help you get your accidentally update 1.1.3 to a working phone.I am not willing to screw up a perfectly good working iPhone to write this tutorial to the level of detail that I normally do. I used an iPhone that was already damaged. I updated it then downgraded it. This guide is made for MAC users only, for now. Windows is the same concept just different programs. I am doing this because MAC users seems to support me more. I have gotten 3 donation in the 3 months this BLOG has existed and 3 out of 3 of those people were MAC people. So if Windows people want the same guide i would appreciate some support. I give and give i do not ask for anything. All the info here is free but theres only so much time. I do this ONLY because i know Apple does not cover hacked phones and this toy is expensive. I want to help. So help me too. So i decided to make this for windows too because i feel bad and im anice person.If you have trouble email me. Ok enough Drama here we go:
(Windows and Mac ONLY)
Posted by -Administration- at 12:32 PM