Step 1 Downgrade to 1.1.1 ( if required)
- Download the iPod touch 1.1.1 ipsw firmware file from Apple. Do this in Firefox .
- Connect your iPod touch to your PC or Mac.
- Put your iPod touch into restore mode: - first, turn off the ipod (slide to power off). - second, turn it back on but when the apple logo appears, hold down the home button until it shows the “connect to itunes” picture. Now your ipod is in recovery mode Next, press and hold the Shift key on Windows or the Option key on Mac (In iTunes), then click Restore in iTunes. It will open up the File dialog. Now you can select the 1.1.1 firmware file you downloaded earlier.
Note: Currently Itunes versions 7.4 and up will install ipod touch operation software 1.1.1
Step 2: Jailbreaking 1.1.1
- Launch Safari on your iPod Touch.
- Visit http://jailbreakme.com/, Scroll down to the bottom, click “Install AppSnapp”. Safari will exit and you’ll return to your springboard. Slide to unlock, you are now jailbroken and are able to use Installer.app.
- Launch Installer.app (version 3). Click on the Install section at the bottom.
- Scroll down to All Packages.Select OktoPrep.Click Install
- Connect your device to your computer
- Click Update. Do NOT click on restore. If you do, everything you have done up until this point will have to be repeated.
- Eject your device from iTunes but keep it connected to your computer. Close iTunes.
- Download and extract the 1.1.2 Jailbreak Utility. Extract it to /tmp/ if you are using a Mac.
- On Windows make sure you have Java installed then double click on windows.bat, on a Mac, double click on jailbreak.jar
- Congratulations! You’ve jailbroken 1.1.2!
One thing when you install the installer app DO NOT INSTALL ANY TYPE OF NEW KEYBOARDS. TRUST ME IT WILL MESS UP YOUR IPOD.If you want to run Mobile Mail, Stocks, Weather, Notes, and Maps on your iPod Touch with 1.1.2 installed, make sure you use the 1.1.2 iPhone apps, which are available here: http://rapidshare.com/files/69144568/iPhoneApps112.zip.html