Latest News, tutorials and site updates:
New* Killer App- Mac Freeware Review
Current Firmware Version: 2.2.0 **
Hack that iPhone and iTouch: Chat
iPhone:**NEW How to Unlock the iPhone 3G - Mac and Windows **
iPhone: How to Jailbreak Your 2.2.0 3G iPhone (Mac)
iPhone: How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.2.0 2G iPhone Using QuickPwn (Windows)
iPhone: How to Organize Your iPhone Applications Into Folders
iPhone: How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.2.0 2G iPhone (Mac) **
iPhone: How to Jailbreak Your 2.x.x 3G iPhone (Mac) [Updated]
iPhone: How to Jailbreak Your iPhone With QuickPwn [2.1 Firmware]
iPod Touch: How to Jailbreak Your 2.0.1 iPod Touch (Mac)
iPhone: How to Sync Your iPhone With Multiple Computers ( Mac and Windows)
iPhone: How to Trick Your iPhone Into Thinking Its On Wi-Fi
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
The iPhone Dev-Team plans to release the 3G unlock (codenamed yellowsn0w) for the 02.11.07 baseband on New Years Eve, according to a post on their blog.
They have also provided information on the DFU mode problem with Mac OS X 10.5.6.
We have been working hard on a few other things. The main one being the 3G unlock codenamed “yellowsn0w”. This is now completed and is currently being packaged into a user-friendly application with the simplicity that you see in QuickPwn or BootNeuter.
* The target release date for the unlock is New Year’s Eve 2008.
* This unlock method is available to iPhone 3Gs that have 2.11.07 baseband or earlier, we did warn you.
* The unlock requires a jailbroken 3G iPhone.
Lots of users have been experiencing problems with the use of DFU mode after applying yesterday’s 10.5.6 system update.
We believe this behavior is due to a kernel bug not a specific countermeasure by Apple. Possible fixes are (try at your own risk!) -
1. Replace the following plugin kexts from within IOUSBFamily.kext with the ones from 10.5.5 and then rebuild kextcache (if you don’t understand this, then you shouldn’t attempt it!)
2. Use a USB hub in-between the DFU device and the Mac and insert/reinsert the iPhone’s USB cable.
3. Use a PwnageTool created .ipsw on Windows! Oh the irony!
In the same post the Dev-Team addresses the 2nd generation iPod touch saying that they will commence work on it some time in the new year.
Posted by -Administration- at 11:49 AM