Monday, November 17, 2008

Apple Shuts Down TheMonkeysBalls

Apple has had its legal team shut down TheMonkeysBalls, a website which provided cracked IPA files for the iPhone.

The information below was posted on their webpage:

Read More

-----
Well, Apple, it took you long enough to find us. We're sure Mr. Haklab will take credit for this and all we have to say to that is that it took you long enough. We had a good run and honestly we are surprised we lasted this long. We don't want to move servers again to another country to avoid DMCA as we've lost interest since the site first launched.

Also, want to just throw out some thanks for people who helped us along the way. Wyze (me), all the coding behind the website. Scuzzy19, where would we be without you? You were the main uploader. Thank you so much for sticking with it even though I was anal on the content of the files, but I only wanted the best from this site. PhYzIcX, you were the #2 uploader and we lost you for a while but came back at the end. sadam, for help with coding tips along the way and all the referrals and support from your forums over at www.xsellize.com. Kyek, for all the tips and help with coding and debugging as well and I want to wish you good luck to you and your site, Appulo.us. You can contact me at any time if you need any help! Doosje, gave me a bit of code that I tested and was working but never implemented.

You can visit our good friends at Appulo.us for all of your download needs!

Also, I would be willing to sell the domain name as I have no use for it anymore. If anyone is interested, just email me wyze@themonkeysball.com.

Just want to say it's been a fun ride and I'll miss it and just want to part with some stats for all the curious kitties out there. Alexa ranking was 34,091 with over 20,000 unique visitors a day. And here are some screenshots for you. ..Almost forgot the screenshot of the bandwidth.
-----

No comments: