Tuesday, August 5, 2008

2.0.1and 3G Users End Up With Errors


Image from:iPhone User Guide

For those that purchased an unlock through Vodafone, if you updated to 2.0.1 you may experience a 0xE8000001 error.

Specifically, users who paid to have their 3G iPhones unlocked by Vodafone* are unable to re-connect to the service following the update, and instead receive a "0xE8000001" error message. How helpful. It seems to happen on both Windows and Mac OS X

Anyone outside of Vodafone network experiencing this issue? Leave your comments and I'll be posting updates.

*Update: Some of my tipsters have had luck restoring the phone to reconnect to Vodafone, but not all. Also, a reader from Finland reports the same issue with his locked phone on the Sonera network, and a Belgian correspondent chimes in with the same problem on Mobistar (Orange); looks like the issue is more widespread than just Vodafone's customers. If you have more updates for me just leave a comment an email due to this event is not necessary. This isn't a software issue I can fix just yet, but I can definitely keep you updated as I get responses from my readers.

No comments: